Star Wars universe is full of beautiful and purposeful quotes and in this article we will take a closer look at the 7 best Star Wars quotes about life, along the Hydian Way. Let’s start with one of the wisest Jedi masters that ever lived.
1. “Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.”
This quote reminds us that we should not fear death, since dying is not something to be avoided. It’s a natural way part physical realm. In the end, everybody dies… although there are records of those who attempted to cheat death…
2. “Essence transfer is the secret of eternal life. The physical body will always weaken and fail, yet it is nothing but a shell or vessel. When it is time, it is possible to transfer your consciousness—your spirit—into a new vessel…as I have done with this Holocron.”
– Darth Andeddu
One of the oldest Sith Lords who successfully cheated death by transferring one’s consciousness to another vessel. Darth Andeddu is rumored to have lived for centuries.
3. “All energy from the Living Force, from all things that have ever lived, feeds into the Cosmic Force, binding everything and communicating to us through the midi-chlorians. Because of this, I can speak to you now.”
―The spirit of Qui-Gon Jinn, communing with Yoda
If you are in a need of something universally-philosophical, then you should know that Jedi master Qui-Gon Jinn has spent decades studying the living force and its impact on life and the universe.
4. “I’m not doing this for the Republic. I’m not doing it for you. I’m not even doing it for me. I’m doing it for our child. And our child’s children. We might never live to see the horrors that are coming, but they will. We have to protect the Republic for them. We have to risk our chance at happiness so they can have a life we might never know.”
Self-sacrifice is one of the deeply-bound philosophies of the Jedi, even the redeemed Jedi. If you can’t convince yourself to do something you know you should be doing, then think of how it will benefit your loved ones.
5. “Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future… But not at the expense of the moment.”
– Obi-Wan Kenobi & Qui Gon Jinn
It is always good to have a plan or at least a back-up plan, but one can get easily lost, wandering in thoughts of the future and its unlimited possibilities, while the life itself is slipping between one’s fingers.
6. “Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view.”
– Obi Wan Kenobi
It’s always easier to believe something if it corresponds with oneself. It takes discipline and training to be truly objective.
7. “Your focus determines your reality.”
– Qui Gon Jinn
Short, yet rich. It basically says that whatever you focus on, expands. Thus, it is pointless to focus and waste our energy on petty things.
That’s it. These are my 7 favorite Star Wars quotes about life and death. I hope that you enjoyed the list and that it gave you what you were looking for.